Chelford School achieves RHS Level 5 Gardening Award
In order to achieve this level schools need to demonstrate that they met the criteria for 'Celebrating with the Wider Community.' Our successful submission of evidence included examples of:
· A termly planner showing lessons that have been taught
· Photos of the developed garden showing community involvement e.g. open days, visits from an outside expert and wider community help
As part of the award we are delighted to have received:
· £200 of National Gardening Gift Vouchers
· A framed certificate
· Two 'Five Star Gardening School' display panels (for the garden and entrance reception area)
· The RHS official 'Five Star Gardening Schools' logo to display on letters and documents
We would like to congratulate Mrs Adams, the children, our volunteer helpers, Mrs Bluck, Mrs Adshead, Ms Butterworth and all those who have helped over the past few years.
editor's pickAlso in the news
Regulation 15 consultation has now ended. Comments can be found on the Cheshire East consultation portal, using the Chelford Neighbourhood Plan link. An independent examiner has now been selected and subject to her appointment, she will examine...
We were contacted last week by Mr Antony Hoare, who wanted to make us aware of a fascinating family story.Mr Hoare's brief email message was as follows: "A campaign was started by Chelford WI in the late 20s called the Pick Up Paper...
If you know your footpaths from your bridleways, then Cheshire East Council wants to hear from you — as it looks to recruit members for a countryside advisory group. The Cheshire East Countryside Access Forum offers residents the opportunity...
Chelford School — Led by Chelford Brownies
Chelford Community Hub — In aid of Air Ambulance