CTARA Says Thank You!
CTARA has been extremely successful for some time now and the main reason for holding the annual Christmas lunch (which is free) is to say thank you to all those people who have supported the Association throughout the year.
This lunch is open to not only Peaks & Plains tenants but also residents of the wider community who have attended at least 5 events during the year. It is the Association's way of saying a big thank you to all its dedicated volunteers and supporters.
On the day, Mike started by thanking all who attended for their support during 2014. Without this support, the Association would not exist! Mike himself, works tirelessly for CTARA and the picture shows him wrestling a Christmas pudding (Mike won).
Here is Mike's huge list! It really celebrates great community effort.
- Jean Pearce & Iris Ryder for coordinating the raffle & for looking after all the raffles throughout the year. Raffles are a big contribution to CTARA finances to help support other activities
- Christine & Terry for making the Summer Scarecrow Tableau which was judged the best in the North West by the RHS for their 5o years celebrations
- Megan Bromley for the card making and craft sessions and the weekly bingo
- Jean Pearce for all the pickles jams & preserves she makes for both us and Macmillan, and also for coordinating the diary for Astle Court Community Room (no easy ask as the room gets more and more use!)
- Jessica Buckley for the nail painting sessions (on hands that is!)
- Margaret Brown who helps at every function at Astle Court, the Hall at Marthall and even on playing fields
- Nigel Jehan who does most of the heavy work at our functions at Marthall (putting tables and chairs out and help serve) without him we would be lost
- Mike's daughter Emma who always takes time off work to come and help at our larger events
- Sue Arnold who helped lay the tables for the Christmas lunch so beautifully and for being a "quick leaner with attention to detail" !
- Hilary & Barry for all the communal gardening they did in Elmstead Road
- The Community Garden Group of Harry & Linda Hall, Brian Loftus, Sheila Powell, Sheila Coulson & David Kent for the many hours spent on raising plants and developing the beautiful gardens in our neighbourhood.
- Peas & Plains Housing Trust for funding the venue and coach transport
- Chris Mairs, Neighbourhood Team Leader, Peaks & Plains Housing Trust for all the wonderful support he has given CTARA during the last year
- Golden Green Travel who have supplied all the coach transport for days out, weekend theatre breaks and holiday
Mike finally paid tribute and thanks to David Kent for being the "hinge pin" of the Association working tirelessly and successfully at fundraising and grant applications and al the while developing new initiatives
CTARA are always looking for new people to join us, as participants or volunteers!
Visit our website : www.e-voice.org.uk/chelfordtara
editor's pickAlso in the news
Norther Rail's Christmas and New Service information can be found by http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/108559.aspx.11(clicking...
Here's a guide to some entertainment etc. over the festive period. Click to see what's onCurzon cinema, Knutsford https://www.cineworld.co.uk/cinemas/di...
Here are some top tips to keep you and your presents safe this Christmas:1. Ensure windows and doors are locked and secure2. Store presents out of sight3. Switch lights on when you are out4. Avoid advertising your...
Village Hall Bar Area
Village Hall Bar Area