PLEASE NOTE: ALL RELEVANT DOCUMENTATION IS NOW ON THE PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE. GO TO: www.chelfordparishcouncil.org.uk and click on the Neighbourhood Plan link
Help Shape the Future of Our Community
What is a Neighbourhood Plan?
- A Neighbourhood Plan is an opportunity for every resident in Chelford to have a say in how Chelford Parish should develop up to 2030 to meet local needs.
- Neighbourhood Plans are important planning documents. When completed and accepted, the plan will have legal status for planning purposes. Cheshire East planners must use the plan, alongside their local plan, to determine planning decisions of future development in the parish.
- The Neighbourhood Plan must conform to the principles and strategies of the Cheshire East Local Plan and although our plan cannot stop future development, it will give us a major say in influencing and shaping that development.
- There are approximately 50 Neighbourhood Plans in Cheshire East underway or completed. They are being used successfully to help decide planning applications and have been used to fight appeals.
- A Neighbourhood Plan can allocate sites for development and can have a number of policies covering planning issues such as housing, local character and design, the natural environment, community facilities and more.
Why Have We Decided to Produce a Neighbourhood Plan?
- Our parish is undergoing significant change with two new housing developments, which could increase the population and the housing stock by about 40%.
- Chelford is experiencing pressure from landowners and developers to take land out of the green belt and build even more homes.
- A Neighbourhood Plan will allow us to state where and how we want future development to occur--housing, businesses, services, infrastructure
- A Neighbourhood Plan will offer us a measure of control and influence to ensure that the parish grows and develops in an appropriate and acceptable way.
What Have We Done So Far?
- The plan is a community plan not a Parish Council Plan, although the Parish Council has overall responsibility for the process
- We have consulted with all interests in the parish including residents of all ages, businesses and other organisations and any other interested parties, so that we can gain information on their future needs and issues.
- We have held public events and consultations at different stages of the Neighbourhood Plan process to ensure that everyone is well informed and has had the opportunity to make their views known
- We have kept you informed regularly and all relevant documents, information and updates can be found on the Parish Council website and the Village Website .
- We have gathered a wide variety of information and evidence; analysed it in detail and then used it in order to write the plan.
- We have prepared a draft Plan which has been subject to public consultation.
- We have formally submitted the draft Plan to Cheshire East for further consultation which will end in early March.
-Cheshire East will arrange for an independent examiner to scrutinise the draft Plan and issue a report.
-Subject to a satisfactory report, Cheshire East will then organise a referendum of Chelford residents on the electoral roll, at which 50% of votes cast must be in favour of the Plan before it can be formally adopted.
-We are aiming to complete the process by May of 2019.