A service of remembrance and commemoration to mark 100 years since the Calvary War Memorial Lower Withington was dedicated will be held at St Peter's Church Lower Withington on Saturday 4th September at 10am.
Coinciding with the event will be an exhibition in the parish hall opposite the Chevy about the men whose names are inscribed on the memorial and alleighty-eight from the area who served in WW1.
Researchers will be on hand to help with any enquiries and there will be a showing of the 1916 film "The Battle of the Somme".
The exhibition opens from 10am- 4pm. Free admission, parking and light refreshments will be available.
The church and parish rooms are located at the junction of Farm Lane and Long Shoot Lane.
There is no admission charge and parking will be free.
PICTURES: Mrs Ann Venables, the deputy warden at St Peter's church and the war memorial cross