The Parish Council has now returned to monthly face to face meetings in the Village Hall, with 3 new members on the Council. The Council now uses social media through which residents can communicate their concerns or queries, as well as contacting the Clerk or individual councillors.
Agenda and minutes of meetings can be found on the Parish Council website, as well as a range of documents and information relating to Cheshire East and Parish Council operations. Recent matters which have been discussed/considered by the Parish Council:
- Concerns about the safety of the zebra crossing-this is something which the Parish Council has reported to Cheshire East previously, but currently there is no easy solution. This location was chosen by Cheshire East because there were no other suitable sites.
- Regular reports with photographs have been made to Cheshire East about the poor state of the footpath along Knutsford Road and these will continue to be made.
- Various planning applications have been scrutinised and comments submitted to Cheshire East. Some residents have attended meetings to make their views known to councillors. The Parish Council has no power to determine planning applications, but planners do take note of comments.
- The current examination of the Cheshire East Sites Allocation Development Polices Document was attended by a Parish Councillor, who spoke to the Inspector about the Parish Council objections to the proposed loss of Green Belt, east of the railway line.
- The proposal by Cheshire East to increase the number of councillors in Chelford from 7-10, has been provisionally accepted by the Parish Council
- Major refurbishment works on the Activity Park have now been confirmed and these will commence soon
- The future of Chelford Hub--the Parish Council continues to lobby Cheshire East and Peaks and Plains to seek an agreement on retaining the Hub for community activities. Progress is slow.
- Parish councillors will be a attending a meeting with Manchester Airport to discuss the ongoing airspace review. The recent increase in air traffic over Chelford was investigated by the Clerk and the Airport response published on the Parish Council website
- New Parish boundary signs in black and gold will be installed very soon
- A Parish Councillor has revisited the plans for the Station Building and is to meet with Network Rail and Northern Rail, with a view to converting the building into a community facility.
- The Scarecrow competition was judged to be a great success and prizes were donated by the Parish Council
- The pond area in Mere Court has now been refurbished by Cheshire East