Beware if you have a quad bike as they are proving popular targets again. Here's a report from Cheshire Police on a recent attempt at a theft.
Overnight 23rd-24th Feb 2020 we have received a report of an attempt theft to steal a quad at a property in the Wincle area.
Here are a few top tips for quad bike security
- Immobilise – Make sure you secure or immobilise your quads when not is use.
- Remember to remove the keys when leaving unattended. Using chains and anchoring to the ground when stored will help prevent theft
- Location -Throughout the day try to park them behind other machinery, equipment or buildings so they are kept out of sight.
- Alarms and security lighting – There is no better way of being alerted to the presence of an intruder than by the activation of an alarm or security lighting. Not only does it tell you these is someone there but it can also act as a deterrent.
- Track and Trace – Keep a record of any chassis or serial numbers. If the worst happens the more information you can provide the better chance of recovery.
PCSO Sarah Wilson